The World Lore'un
he Origins of the Dwarfs is ancient, most of the races including even the Dwarfs do not truly know when they came about. It is certain that are not as old as the Dragonborn per say but talk of facing the Eladrin for territories and Ancestral Wars is found in the oldest of Dwarven tales. Despite a possible shared origin, Dwarves have expanded far and wide through out Lore’un and are as varied as humans in their opinions and differences so it would come to no surprise that much like Humans as well the Dwarfish kingdoms would vary just as much.
- Andremar Mountains, The most renowned Dwarven survivalist would be the Andremarians to the far West. The nation of Andremar was sundered many centuries ago by the destructive might of the Wyrmsblood volcanic mountains hundreds of miles from it now. Having long since calmed from the cataclysmic events that tore it from the Embershot mountains the Dwarven people there still exist. The Andremarians are faced by the constant threat of invasion from the savage races that claim the wilderness beyond nearly every day and without other nations coming to it’s assistance the battles hardened the nation of Andremar into fierce and hardy warriors, amazing scavengers and irrepressible survivalists. The Banner of the Andremar is a deep blue with a bloody white ram balanced upon a bluff.
- Embershot Empire, Due to civil unrest and open rebellion the once glorious Embershot Mountains were separated into a quagmire of philosophies. The main catacylst for these battles took place due to the invention of Alchemy. Many Dwarven traditionalists belived the craft was a cowardly way to fight and honor your ancesters and any craft that sullied the name of your house’s honor should never be used. However more modernist Dwarves saw the economic, destructive and powerful qualities of this craft and grew insistent that these trades and goods would bring in more wealth and countermeasures to death on the battlefield. This lead to the massive behemoth of a nation to fracture into infighting. Eventually the nation was divided up from a traditionalist thane-hood though the conflict burns strong still today.
- Felhammer Empire, A once large territory of renowned warriors the Felhammer empire has fallen into mostly ruin. The vast territory of these dwarfs slowly dwindled into a small island and the adjacent mountain ranges within Nothridel.
- Ulkramar Mountains, The northern most Dwarven Territory in Causnodia would be of the stout Ulkramar people and their renowned mountaintops. The Ulkramar territory is well built into their mountains and they pride themselves in a invisible defense of their homes unlike most dwarfs who would mark their territories with obvious gates and statues. The Ulkramar prefer to be unseen and favor the newest tools and types of weaponry to defeat their enemies rather than mundane combat. Despite this preference the Ulkramar territory allows the world to dwell around it… preferring to stay as a silent predator rather than reveal themselves. An old Ulkramarian saying is “The Still hunter strikes first; the silent hunter strikes last. Yet to live, we must be as both.” Though few could actually boast to see the Ulkramarian Banner, it is a dull brown with a gray bat holding a crossbow bolt in it’s fangs.
- Zaringrad Empire, The only true kingdom of Dwarfs still existing within the realm of Nanicia would be the strong and proud Zarindgrad empire. Surrounded by the Kinzairian Kingdoms and the Attasian Empire on top of it. The Zarindgrad Dwarfs are suspicious of any and all outsiders simply because of this fact. This empire turns to it’s royal thanes in times of need and their tactics have been proven for centuries to maintain it’s territory. The true strength of Zarindgrad is the fact they have adapted well to the changes of the world incorporating both the age old methods of combat with the refined tools of the modern era very well producing a powerful economy with it to dub it accurately as “The most stable Dwarven kingdom”. Zarindgrad’s Banner is a deep orange with a black helm and Dwarven fist reaching to the heavens.